re: [squid-users] WCCP

From: <matthew.richards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:14:48 +1000 (EST)

Hello Paul,

I have been in a similar situation to yourself recently. I have had to
implement WCCP version 1 and version 2 for Squid. I took the opportunity to
document the steps that I undertook. The document is by no means thorough or
complete, and it deals specifically with RedHat 7.3 and Squid 2.2STABLE5/Squid
2.4STABLE6 but it should at least provide a guide for all of the tasks required
to implement WCCP for Squid on Linux.

To my limited knowledge there is currently only a wccp_version2_patch for Squid
2.2STABLE5, written by Joe from Swelltech. However it appears that the latest
version of Squid fully supports WCCP version 1. (I should probably check the
release notes for Squid 2.5, WCCP support may now have been implemented).

Anyway, I will email the document to you or anyone else who is interested, just
email me directly and I will send it back.

Good luck.

Regards,
Matthew Richards

Technical Support