[squid-users] Reconfiguration by a non-root user

From: aqil <aqil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:52:59 +0700

I'd like to add a user for our helpdesk in our proxy server (linux) here. His
linux user is ... say operator. I want to give him right to edit the password file (for proxy_auth) and the IP address file (for ip_user_check)..

So what I've done is to set operator's group to ... say squid.
I also change both files to be edited to : squid, and make them
writeable by squid group.
And at last for reconfiguration, I change the group of my squid program to the same group,
i.e. squid, and not to forget to make it executable by squid group...

I think I miss something as I still got error message which is
operation not permitted

I know it's linux adminstration problem, but as I told you, I do miss
something and maybe one of you can see clearer and will tell me what it is... :)

Any help would be very appreciated

regards,
aqil