Re: [squid-users] SMTP,POP3 and News problems

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:22:48 +0100

On Wednesday 13 August 2003 6:11 pm, aba ab wrote:

> I can't use the SMTP, POP3 and NEWS services with the SQUID (the http works
> fine), I have only this access list
>
> acl allPorts port 0-65000
> http_access allow all allPorts
>
> somebody knows what is the problem?

Yes, the problem is that you are trying to use an HTTP proxy for non-HTTP
protocols.

Squid is not an SMTP, POP3 or NEWS proxy server, therefore don't try to push
these protocols through it.

Regards,

Antony.

--
I vote "no" to this proposal to form a committee to investigate whether we
should or should not hold a ballot on whether to vote yet.