Re: [squid-users] SMTP,POP3 and News problems

From: aqil <aqil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:45:59 +0700

Pada 13-Aug-2003, Adam menulis:

> While it's not explicitly clear from this FAQ entry explaining what Squid
> *is* http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-1.html#ss1.1 - Squid only
> does HTTP.

I once asked a similar question, i.e. can squid be an SMTP relay. I did realize
the capacity of squid which is limited to just http proxy.. well, plus
ftp proxy.

But if you read the very last section of the squid FAQ (section 25.2),
then you'll probably think that squid can relay SMTP traffic.
So I decided to ask here about it.

I know, it's a security precaution... But is it just a simple
precaution or are there some of you have experienced such thing ...

> hth,
> Adam

Regards,
aqil