RE: [squid-users] Dial Access Server & Squid

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:25:12 -0400

> But alas, even after setting the browser to use 10.1.1.1 as its proxy
> server, and even ping can be done from both sides (from client and
> from the proxy), I still [can't] surf internet from a dial access...

First thing to figure out is if this is a Squid problem or a networking
problem.

Step 1:

Try to telnet to the IP and TCP port that Squid runs on. If you get a
connection, type "HEAD" and hit enter twice. You should get an error
message from Squid that starts like this:

HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
Server: squid/[version]

Step 2:

Use both ping and the Squid client to see if you can connect to the
Internet.

If either step 1 or 2 fails, then this probably isn't a Squid problem.

If both Step 1 and 2 succeed, then check your Squid acls - especially
any that control access by source IP address.

Adam