Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:55:51 +0200 (CEST)

> >httpd_accel_host virtual

I do not think you really intend the above.. you should most likely use
the main domain name there. Not very important however.

> >httpd_accel_single_host off
> >httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
> >httpd_accel_with_proxy on
> >httpd_accel_port 80
> >
> >visible_hostname centralmail
> >acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> >http_access allow all

The above you certainly do not want. Makes your "reverse proxy" a open
proxy allowing anyone to connect via the proxy to anywhere in the world on
any service doing anything they like.

> > The problem is when I access the webmail from both DMZ and
> >Internet, the web page returns an error message about access denied.
> >What 's wrong?

I do not see how you can get an access denied with the above totally wide
open setup.

What does access.log say?

Any output from "squid -k parse"?