Re: [squid-users] Stopping windows update

From: Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:21:05 +0700

Dear Henrik,
Could you pls give me an example how to write the ACL, so that squid's acl and
squidGuard can work together? I've tried to put it this way, but squidGuard
stops working.

- ----------------------------------
Default:
http_access allow all
#
#Recommended minimum configuration:
#
# Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
# Deny requests to unknown ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports
# Deny CONNECT to other than SSL ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
#
# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
#
# And finally deny all other access to this proxy
acl bad dstdomain "/etc/squid/ban" ##My acl for denying windowsupdate
http_access deny bad

http_access allow localhost
#http_access deny all
- -------------------------------------

I'm aware that I shouldn't put 'http_access allow all' on the top, but I don't
how to put it elsewhere and at the same time letting squidGuard to work also.

Thanks a lot,
Fajar.

On Wednesday 20 August 2003 01:04 am, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> > 2. Can squid's ACL and squidGuard's work together?
>
> Yes.
>
> The order of things are roughly
>
> 1. http_access
>
> 2. redirect_program
>
> 3. request forwarded
>
> 4. http_reply_access when the response is seen.
>

> Regards
> Henrik

- --
- --
This message was compose on a 100% GNU/Linux machine