Re: [squid-users] Stopping windows update

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:04:20 +0200

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 03.00, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I'm sorry for putting this question on the list because it's
> related to squidGuard more than squid I think. Or both.
>
> 1. Can windowsupdate.microsoft.com be denied rather than
> redirected?

Being a redirector squidGuard can only redirect. Denials done by
squidGuard is done by redirecting to the "access denied" page.

If you want real access denials then you need to use Squid ACLs.

> 2. Can squid's ACL and squidGuard's work together?

Yes.

The order of things are roughly

1. http_access

2. redirect_program

3. request forwarded

4. http_reply_access when the response is seen.