RE: [squid-users] squidGuard

From: Mike McCall <mccall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:30:23 -0600

I've always thought DansGuardian was a little slow compared to SquidGuard,
but it has a lot of features SquidGuard doesn't have. If you're looking for
basic content filtering, I believe squid ACLs would be the fastest (no
third-party software involved in making filtering decisions), followed by
SquidGuard, and then DansGuardian. SquidGuard is very easy to setup and
there are lots of publicly available blacklists, so in my opinion, if you're
not going to use Squid ACLs I think it would be worth looking into
SquidGuard. If you have any configuration questions I'm sure someone here
can answer your questions.

Mike