[squid-users] Bloacking Kazza seems to be impossible.

From: ads squid <adssquid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:32:39 -0700 (PDT)

As advised on this mailing list earliest.
I tried everything to block Kazza as follows :
My Squid.conf

acl WORKING time 07:30-20:30
acl SITE dstdomain .kazza.com .KaZaA.com .imesh.com
http_access deny WORKING SITE

acl WORKING1 time 07:30-20:30
acl SITE1 dstdomain .desktop.kazza.com
.desktop.kazaa.com
http_access deny WORKING1 SITE1

acl Safe_ports port 80
http_access deny !Safe_ports

acl danfile url_regex -i \.mpeg$ \.mpe$ \.mpg$ \.wav$
\.avi$ \.exe$ \.MP3$

http_access deny danfile day

This restricts downloading of file extensions in URl
but is URL is like this
"www.xyz.com/display_movie?id=8"
when this URl is clicked .mpeg, .avi file from Mysql
database starts downloading. That means restricting
file downloading by url_regex does not work even if
blocked.
I tried blocking all all ports except port no. 80 but
still kazza dowmload continues.
Blocking .desktop.kazza.com and .kazza.com has blocked
some of the users but still I don't know some of them
are able to download from kazza. I also run kazza on
one my machine to test and from their i can download.

Is their any way squid can find out type of file and
block downloading (not by url-_regex) beacuse in
access.conf file type of URL
"www.xyz.com/display_movie?id=8" is text/html however
it downloads .mpeg file.

BY all above restrictions older versions of kazza
download has stopped but new version are not blocked.
Kazza guyes are smarter than squid guyes.
Joking.
Thanks.