[squid-users] Squid 2.4STABLE1 changes file:// to ftp:// in URLs passed from redirector

From: <khomoutov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:09:21 +0400

I run Squid 2.4STABLE1 (as a part of the RedHat Linux 7.2 distro).
Recently I've installed SquidGuard 1.2.0 as the redirector program.
Since I have no HTTP-server on my LAN, I've created a simple
"Access Denied" HTML file and set it as the redirection target
for the blacklisted URLs in the SquidGuard's config file.

SquidGard honestly substitutes prohibited URLs with my
"file://localhost/some/path/block.html"
but in my browser I see the Squid-generated error message
claiming it can't access
"ftp://localhost/some/path/block.html".

Searching thru the changelogs since 2.4STABLE1 wasn't successful.

How can I force Squid to read a local file?
Thanks in advance...