RE: [squid-users] Squid 2.4STABLE1 changes file:// to ftp:// in URLs passed from redirector

From: Mike McCall <mccall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 07:45:56 -0600

Although Squid serves up its own internal error pages, I believe as far as
squidGuard is concerned, you will need some sort of web server in place for
the access denied pages. So, I think the issue is not with Squid but rather
with squidGuard. That said, if you were to redirect the blocked pages to
one Squid would throw an error at (preferrably via an access denied ACL),
you get get the access denied page without running Apache or another web
server.

Mike