Re: [squid-users] blocking yahoo messenger?

From: Ehsan Lesani <ehsan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:03:29 +0430

Dear Friends.

I tried to block yahoo messenger in our LAN very musch.
I am sure that you can never block it without squid.
Yahoo messenger dose not use from port 80.
Its default port is 5050 and many other ports and also if you block all
these ports then it can connect to its server throw smtp protocol.
So you see that its not a good idea to use squid in order to block yahoo
messenger.

Best Regards.
Ehsan Lesani.