[squid-users] logging options and performance effects

From: John Habermann <j_habermann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:42:39 +1000

Hi

I have set up squid as a web accelerator/reverse proxy for my webserver and have just been setting up the logging so that I can use webalizer to analyse the the logs. To do this I compiled squid with the --enable-useragent-log --enable-async-io --disable-internal-dns and --enable-referer-log. I then found a perl script someone had posted to this list that processes logs produced with the following option set in the squid.conf file "log_mime_hdrs on". This options produces a lot of output and I am wondering how much of a performance impact this could have on squid. Also do I need to have the --enable-referer-log --enable-useragent-log options compiled in if I am using the log_mime_hdrs option? Just curious as to what is the most efficient way to get log files suitable for a log analyser, webalizer in my case.

thanks for any suggestions

John

The Wilderness Society, Sydney