Re: [squid-users] Timeout on SSL using cache_peer. REDHAT9/SQUID2.5S1

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 02:40:27 +0200

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 02.33, Emannuel Silva wrote:
> Sorry, Had only a power nap today. Its written "never_direct allow
> all" in my file, I did the mistake when I pasted it in here.
> Everything seens OK, I just dont get why its still bypassing my
> parent proxy!

I would suggest you try again.. this works just fine for many others.

If your never_direct configuration is correct, then Squid will give
you an error if it cannot forward the request. It will never go
direct if never_direct is in effect (exception: if always_direct is
in effect then it will always go direct irregardless of the
never_direct setting).

It might also be worth trying to upgrade to a more current Squid
version, but I do not recall any bugs related to this in the
Squid-2.5 series.. but please see
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/ just in case..