[squid-users] Re: Real Audio Streaming

From: Norman Zhang <nzhang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:09:45 -0700

Hi,

>> I have done some googling on the list archive as well reading FAQ
>> 7.4. The list archives seem to indicate streaming through Squid
>> work, but FAQ 7.4 says it's possible. So far I haven't been able to
>> get streaming to work through Squid. Would someone kindly tell me
>> if this is possible with Squid-2.5STABLE2? I'm using RealOne
>> Player.
>
> Real "streaming" via HTTP proxies work, provided you configure your
> Real player to use a HTTP proxy.
>
> It is strongly recommedede to use a Real proxy however if possible.
> Tunneling of Real ontop of HTTP is not as good and have more overhead
> for all involved and larger delays.

I made Real Player to use squid through 3128. I also enabled RTSP and PNA to
tunnel through proxy via 3128. But I still get connection failure for Real
streaming. Is there any settings that I need to tweak under Squid? I'm using
NTLM to authenticate users for going out. On my firewall log, I see that the
proxy is trying to get out through 8080. Why?

Regards,
Norman