[squid-users] High Squid CPU usage on new RH9 2.4.20.9 kernel

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:34:14 +0100

Hi all,

After upgrading my RH9 kernel via up2date, Squid can be seen running at
really high CPU usage even with a single user accessing simple web pages.
CPU usage (taken from 'top') can easily hit and go above 40% which makes the
rest of the system crawl to a snails pace with the cursor hanging/jumping
etc when I try to do anything on the PC running Squid. I have just upgraded
to SQUID 2.5 STABLE3 from source and I'm having the same high CPU usage.

I can boot back to the older kernel and if no-one can suggest anything then
I will be doing that ASAP as this is driving me nuts! :) When typing this
mail I could see the words b e i n g t y p e d o n e l e t t e r a t a
t i m e !

This is running on a tiny home LAN of 2 PC's and the Linux server running
Squid so it's not mission critical I guess, but still!

Thanks for any response,

Regards,

nry