[squid-users] RedHat 9 & wccp

From: Brad Groshok <bg-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:52:25 -0400 (EDT)

I've had a squid box die and am in need to rebuild it.
And of course the box has been so stable over the last couple years I'm a
bit rusty. (with my RH kernel build stuff)(I'm a solaris guy)(squid part
is a snap)

Anyway...
Can someone confirm that IP_wccp is compatible with Redhat 9.
Standard out of the box RH install (think its 2.4.20-8 kernel)

I've been spending tons of time trying to figgure out how to build a RH9
kernel, but no sense in proceeding if the wccp module isn't going to work
once I get there.

Re the kernel build problem
I've been following the instructions at
http://squid.visolve.com/developments/wccpv2_install.htm
to build the kernel. (without doing the wccp patch stuff yet)
Just want to get a kernel compiled/installed (one step at a time)
but once everything is all build and installed, when I boot I get:

VFS: Cannot open root device "LABEL=/" or 00:00

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

BG