Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:04:58 +0200

On Friday 29 August 2003 06.56, Fritz Mesedilla wrote:

> Will it still be possible to make them pass through the linux box
> as a transparent proxy?

Not if you use authentication at the proxy. As said transparent
proxying is a bandaid, not a universal solution.

There is also several other limitations of transparent proxying:

 * Path MTU Discovery issues in many of the interception methods

 * Major IP standards violations

 * Several HTTP issues due to the IP standards violations

   - The reload button does not work proper

   - Proxy Authentication is not possible

   - and some more I do not remember right now