Re: [squid-users] including more config files in main squid.conf

From: <bscott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 02:24:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, at 2:44pm, cpbarnes@tpg.com.au wrote:
> What I would like to do is have a seperate config file for my squid ACLs
> because i need a script which will modify these acls, and i dont want it
> to have to go through the whole config file to find/update a single acl.

  You can reference an external file which will contain only the ACL
"arguments" by placing the file name in double-quotes after the ACL name.
For example, we frequently use the following in our config files

        acl blacklist dstdomain "/etc/squid.blacklist"
        http_access deny blacklist

and then just list the blacklisted domains in the "squid.blacklist" file.

--
Ben Scott <bscott@ntisys.com>