Re: [squid-users] including more config files in main squid.conf

From: Chris Barnes <cpbarnes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:44:24 +1000

This could sort of work for what i'm trying to do, but not quite.

See for each person who has access to use squid i have an acl with their
name and ip address e.g.

acl patrick src 10.3.2.4/32
acl kenny src 10.3.2.10/32
acl cate src 10.3.2.17/32

and then i grant each acl access using http_access e.g.

http_access allow patrick
http_access allow kenny
http_access allow cate

so to get to my point, what i'm trying to do is make a simple web interface
for my boss, so he can easily add or remove people from the acl list (by
adding or removing an acl), and if they dont pay their bill on time or
something then he can deny them access(by modifying an http_access line).

So what my script will do is allow him to insert acl lines when a new person
wants to use the internet, it will allow him to remove acl lines when people
leave, and it will allow him to allow or deny internet access for specific
acls by modifying the http_access lines.

In order for my script to do this i would really need the acls and the
http_access portions of the configuration file seperate from the main
configuration file.

Do you see what i'm trying to do here, coz i'm not the best at explaining
things.

anyway, let me know if you think of anything, and thanks in advance.

Chris Barnes