Re: [squid-users] authenticateDecodeAuth error

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 01 Sep 2003 16:01:22 +0200

mån 2003-09-01 klockan 14.33 skrev oleg-s@inbox.ru:

> authenticateDecodeAuth: Unsupported or unconfigured proxy-auth scheme, 'Basic <base64_encoded_string>'
> is this a misconfigured|buggy|broken client software

Yes. This is a client trying to use Basic HTTP authentication to your
proxy, even when the proxy only indicates it supports Digest
authentication.

> all clients work w/o problems, but this message is printed to log periodically.

Then see access.log to identify who the client is. Quite likely some
automated program such as antivirus updates etc.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before