Re: [squid-users] Memory leak?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 01 Sep 2003 16:05:17 +0200

mån 2003-09-01 klockan 14.40 skrev Shpend Bakalli:

> For the moment my cache size is around 13 GB and the maximum setting is 48GB which I'll probably lower a bit. I have around 1 million objects in HDD and around 30-40.000 hot (in-memory) objects. this still does not explain why 2 and more Gigs of memory are being eaten (it continues to eat the mem and swaps), and it is not accounted in squid process (which grows up to 500 MB). When squid is shut down cleanly, these 2 Gigs of memory are not being released to the system (only the 500MB are).
> For other details, plese read the prev post.

If you find that the "Used -/+ buffers/cache" value (which is below the
"Used" value) is increasing and it is not used by the Squid process then
you have some other software on the same server using a lot of memory.

Use ps to find out what process is using the memory and get rid of it.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before