Re: [squid-users] no proxy browser settings

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 09:42:11 +0200

Hi...

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 11:07:57AM -0700, geeta@cdfd.org.in wrote:
> I haved blocked audio and vedio sites by having a file
> with all sorts of extensions like (\.rm , \.ram) etc.
> Now the problem is one my user has her yahoo login as xxx.rm
> and because of this she is unable to login and stopped by proxy.

You can try something like this:
acl audiovideo url_regex -i "/etc/squid/audiovideo"
acl yahoo url_regex -i ^http:\/\/www\.yahoo\.com\/.*xxx\.rom$
http_access deny audiovideo !yahoo

This denies access to the audio/video extensions (being defined in the
/etc/squid/audiovideo file - you are free to put it even in this very
line in the squid.conf if you like) *except* when asking yahoo. The ACL
conditionals are 'and'ed together. The '!' is a negation.

> Now i tried giving yahoo.com in "No proxy for" settings
> in netscape browser and it is not working (again stopped
> by squid ; tried clearing cache etc..)

I don't recommend playing with the "no proxy for" field unless really
necessary. If the problem is your proxy configuration then try to fix
that.

 Christoph

--
~