Re: Re: Re: [squid-users] reverse proxy with different ports

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:02:40 +0200

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 03.19, laurent.derrien@gouv.nc wrote:
> I've seen access.log.
> When I add vhost in https_port settings, it looks like the virtual
> site name is fully rewritten by squid in the http header.
> Only the protocol type is changed from https:// to http:// .
> So, it doesn't use the port specified in cache_peer...

Correct. cache_peer only tells where to forward the request once
accepted, not how Squid should read the request.

All details on how Squid should read the request is in the
http(s)_port settings.

Note: When you have multiple backend servers you need to use
cache_peer_access to tell Squid how to select between the servers. If
not Squid will always use the first cache_peer.