[squid-users] cache_peer SSL config help

From: <Jerry_Harbour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:23:10 -0500

Hello everyone,

  I'm trying to setup this config:
client---(ssl)--->squid--->(ssl)--->server

I have squid2.5.s3 compiles with --enable-ssl and the ssl-2.5-patch.

I have the client to squid part working with https_port and
httpd_accel_host/port 80 in the squid.conf but am having problems with the
squid to server ssl connection. I read in the mail archives that I need to
use the cache_peer directive but I can find no examples that suit my
config. Here is the direction I have taken with the cache_peer line:

cache_peer server.hostname parent 443 7 proxy-only ssl
sslcert=/path/to/cert.pem sslkey=/path/to/key.pem front-end-https=on
no-query

Note I also have the https_port configured with the same cert and key
files. Is this correct?

I have tried several different options with the same results: invalid URL
messages from my client. Any hints and help is much appreciated.
Thanks, Jerry.