[squid-users] Virus Scanning Appliance

From: Jim Richey <jrichey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:51:53 -0400

We have a virus scanning appliance that besides scanning email can also
scan web traffic. I'm trying to figure out to make use of it the way
that I want, but I'm having some trouble with the configuration.

We have four squid servers running as siblings of each other and using
cache digests. I have the virus scan appliance setup as a parent server.
What I want to do is use the virus scanner only for requests that have
certain extensions. For testing I have the ACL:

acl virusscan urlpath_regex -i \.exe$ \.zip$ \.bat$

What I would like to do is the following:
If any object is already cached locally then it should be retrieved from
the local cache.
If any object is cached on a sibling then it should be retrieved from
the sibling.
If an object is in the virusscan ACL and is not cached then retrieve it
through the virus scan appliance.
If an object is not in the virusscan ACL and is not cached then retrieve
it from the origin server.

Is this possible? I've played around with always_direct and
never_direct, but just can't seem to get it to work.