RE: [squid-users] Memory Vs Disk cache

From: Roger Joseph <primelink@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:58:03 -0400

Yes and no........ I have compiled squid to run on mac OSX BSD which has
a 64 bit chip soon available. And has a 8 GB addressable memory.

Xeon are also capable of doing it.

Pentium 4 with hyper threading might be able to do it.
(not too sure here).

The cache_dir "null" is that good. I heard before that squid bombs out
when the cache is insufficient for the task at hand. Is that true only
when it is using disk cache.