[squid-users] Squid seem to be slower than our Novell BorderManger

From: Mathew Thomas <mathew.thomas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:05:33 +1000

Hi,

I am using Red Hat 8 with kernel 2.4.21 and using reiserfs file system for cache. I configured squid with
./configure --enable-async-io and used gcc 3.2 for compiling squid
Do I need to use any other options in the configurations for Linux ( like enable-dll-malloc, enable-gnuregexp, ?).

I tested by new installation with few clients and it was very slow compared to our current proxy, Novell BorderManger. What could be the problem?

Thanks
Mathew