Re: [squid-users] FTP over squid

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:50:07 +0100

On Friday 12 September 2003 1:25 pm, Abdul Khader wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for everyone's help. I am grateful to all of
> you. But, can anyone explain why do the documentation
> of squid speak about ftp.

Because http clients (browsers) can make ftp requests over http, through a
proxy.

Squid is not an ftp proxy in the same way as frox is, however it can handle
ftp requests which are sent over http.

If you configure your browser to use a Squid proxy, and then access an ftp://
resource, squid will handle it for you.

If you configure squid as a transparent proxy, or use an ftp client instead
of a web brwoser, then squid will not handle ftp:// requests for you.

If you have further questions please trim your email to contain only the
information you are asking about.

Regards,

Antony.

--
The only problem with the Universe as a platform, though, is that it is
currently running someone else's program.