Re: [squid-users] Squid cache full --Cant surf

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:57:45 +0100

The cache directory itself shouldn't cause this since Squid manages this
space itself by deleting least recently used files once the cache gets low
on space. Are you rotating your squid logs? There's the 3 logs to rotate,
and unless you do this regularly then it's likely the log files are growing
to a size that fills the disk and this is causing the problem. Either that
or you may have set your cache dir size to bigger than the amount of
physical space you actually have on your disk? I guess this could cause
squid some problems when it thinks it should be able to write files to disk
but can't. Not rotating the error logs culd also cause this to happen since
the logs would fill up the disk leaving squid with not enough left to use.

hth

Regards,

nry