Re: [squid-users] Squid in DMZ Help

From: cdwz <cdwz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:17:29 -0300

Thank you for your reply!

(...)

> 1) Set the ISA server to only provide firewall and NAT servi
ce - make sure it
> does not do any proxying on its own. Make sure you allow acc
ess to TCP port
> 3128 on the Squid box through the ISA server.

I have configured an 'allow all' rule on ISA server and ISA
is running on firewall mode

> 2) Configure the browsers on the LAN clients to use the Squi
d box as a proxy
> and the ISA server as the default gateway.

The default Gateway on ISA's DMZ interface should be Squid,
right?
Also, I wanted my LAN clients to be transparent proxied. I
thought that being my ISA server transparent proxied by
Squid, automatically all LAN clients having ISA as their
default gateway would also be transparent proxied by Squid.
Can you confirm that?

> 3) Start with the default squid.conf (which is pretty reason
able) and make
> those changes necessary for your environment. Make sure the
Squid box uses
> the External Firewall as its default gateway, and the Extern
al Firewall lets
> the Squid box make requests to TCP port 80 on servers on the
 Internet.

That's ok too

> You failed to mention which version of Squid you are using (
the output of
> squid -v will tell you if you don't know).

The Squid version is squid-2.5.STABLE3

Claudius

---
AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis!