Re: [squid-users] Squid in DMZ Help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 10:22:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, cdwz wrote:

> The default Gateway on ISA's DMZ interface should be Squid,
> right?

The default gateway on the ISA's DMZ interface should be the router in
that part of your network if any.

If the DMZ is between two firewalls then the firewalls are the routers.

> Also, I wanted my LAN clients to be transparent proxied.

Then you either need to tell the ISA server to redirect port 80 traffic to
the Squid server, or use the Squid server as a router/firewall in the path
of all Internet traffic.

If you do this in your DMZ then you will need to divide your DMZ in two
parts: Inner DMZ between the ISA and your Squid and outer DMZ between
Squid and the Internet router/firewall.