Re: [squid-users] Squid Error

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:25:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, ads squid wrote:

> As observed, Squid 3.0 is in development stage.

Indeed.

> Is it safe to use Squid 3.0?

Define safe.

Squid-3 is not yet as stable as Squid-2.5.

> When can I expect producion version of 3.0

When the developers are satisfied with the quality of Squid-3.0, which
includes getting feedback from users..

> As adviced, if it is going to solve all problems, I
> would like to go for it.

It does not solve all problems, but it does make setting up accelerators a
lot easier, especially if there is authentication at the accelerator level
involved.

> I think compiling and configuration part should be
> identical to Squid 2.5

compiling is identical, configuration is slightly different, especially so
in accelerator setups. See the release notes for a quick guide on the
differences if you are familiar with your Squid-2.5 configuration, or just
use the squid.conf.default comments if you are making a new configuration
without basing it on a prior Squid-2.5 setup.