[squid-users] Squid Authentication

From: Stephanie Fritzler <fritz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:38:43 +0200

Hi,

I've got this problem now for few days and don't know how to solve it, please
help me!

I want all local users to authenticate (i've got an external programm written
in perl that sends OK or ERR to squid).
This authentication nearly works, but only the basic scheme works correctly,
ntlm doesn't work at all and digest seems to work(even when I looked at the
debugging (section 29,9) it seemed to work) but there is no way to get to the
internet.
My second issue is, that these authenticated users should have to
reauthenticate again after for example 30 minutes, what do I have to change
in the squid.conf ? If I try this with the basic settings I could surf the
internet for all time if I use the same browser (tested on windows xp wiht
internet explorer 6) but if I opend a new one I have to authenticate even if
I did half a minute ago.

Can you please help me?
Thanks a lot
Stephanie