Re: [squid-users] Squid is VERY slow on two urls.

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:08:03 +0200

Stefan.Vogel@temic.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have to proxy-servers, one squid 2.5stable3 and one older
> Netscape-proxyserver.
>
> The squid is working very fine, but htis two URLS
> http://www.soqrates.de/soqrates/
> https://195.226.162.38/projects/piconew/index.html
>
> They are VERY VERY Slow.
> Browsing this URLs via the Netscape-Proxy is very fast. Both proxys use the
> same connection to the internet.
> All other urls are working fast on both machines.
>
> Where can I find a way to solv thsi, because we want to turn of the
> Netscape very soon.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Stefan Vogel

 This problem does not exist for me (2.5S3 on redhat 6.2).

 Meaning the sentence 'squid is slow for 2 urls' must be fine tuned
 and is related to your particular infrastructure and setup.
 Things to check

   - FAQ : Os specifics for your platform
   - Check cache.log
   - Watchout for dns errors in cache.log (e.g)

 M.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.
 (M.E. 1997)