RE: [squid-users] TCP_MISS message

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:57:16 -0400

> I am getting the following response in the
> cache.log if I run the squid-2.5.STABLE3 proxy as a
> transparent proxy.The squid has been configured to
> disable cache.

Squid gives TCP_MISS when it can't find a requested object in it's
cache, and you stated that you disabled cache for this server. How is
Squid supposed to find an object in its cache when there is no cache?

Also, did you turn up debugging just for this report, or is cache.log
always that detailed? If it is, turn down your debugging (see the
default squid.conf). This will keep your log size down and keep
important messages from being lost in a sea of debugging info.

Adam