[squid-users] Using squidGuard to redirect to non sitefinder page...

From: Neil A. Hillard <hillardn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:14:00 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

        I've been asked to redirect all unregistered .com and .net domains
(that would now go to VeriSign's sitefinder) to our own internal 'The
domain you entered doesn't exist' page.

        I'm currently running squidGuard and everythings working OK. I've
added a new rule in so that my domainlist contains the following:

64.94.110.11

but unfortunately the site doesn't get blocked when I go to
http://www.verisignsuck.com/ but does when I go to http://64.94.110.11/

I'm assuming that squidGuard doesn't perform reverse lookups. Does any
one know any way around this with squidGuard ??? If not can you recommend
a different redirector that will handle this ???

Many thanks in advance,

                                Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@whl.co.uk