[squid-users] Weird problem with forwarding

From: Sunny Dubey <sunny@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:40:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi guys

I'm in an odd position of needing to create an invisible proxy that simply
forwards all requests to another filter.

I can get the squid machine working fine when it is not forwarding. However once
I turn on forwarding is the problem.

I have added the following to my squid.conf file ... (I got this snippet from the
FAQ)

        cache_peer other-proxy.net parent 80 0 no-query default
        acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
        never_direct allow all

However when I try getting to a website (ie: google.com), the other filter fails
with the following error ...

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://google.comhttp://google.com
Cisco Application and Content Networking System Software 4.3.2

I know that there is nothing wrong with the parent filter (the cisco machine),
because it works already. So any idea why squid would send for
"http://google.comhttp://google.com" instead of a normal URL like
http://google.com ??

Or is there something worng with my setup somewhere ?

Thank you very much for any advice you might bring by my way.

Sunny Dubey