Re: [squid-users] Why is Squid restarting?

From: Joao Coutinho <jocoutinho@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:02:02 +0000

Hi Henrik,

> > Do you think this is causing Squid to restart?
>
>Quite likely.

The strange thing is that Squid is restarting but the PID is the same. Since
yesterday, squid restarted a lot of times but the PID kept the same. And
nobody complained, or had any problems.

>How many requests/second do you estimate the proxy will have to handle?
this I took at peak time.

client_http.requests = 11.674884/sec client_http.hits = 6.273668/sec

>And how many of those 200 people will be browsing the net concurrently?
I don't know exactly, but my users use Internet a lot. Do you know a way to
find out? Does cachemgr tells me that? What's the maximum number of
children process I can put on Squid.conf?
My Server is a HP Proliant DL380 1gb RAM, 2disks scsi 36GB (Raid1, is it
OK?), 2 Intel Xeon CPU 2.40GHz processors. RedHat 8.0.

thank you very much, regards. Joćo