RE: [squid-users] Problem with Proxy port 80

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:40:07 -0400

> What should we do or how should we configure if there is a
> rediraction?

If the gateway is directing port 80 to the Squid box, it creates a
loop:

1) Client connects to Squid box (which you have setup to listen on
port 80) and makes request
2) Squid box tries to connect to port 80 on remote server to fulfill
request
3) Gateway intercepts the connection to port 80 and sends it to the
Squid box
4) Squid receives this redirected request on port 80...

If you have the redirection set up, turn it off. Ask the vendor of
your gateway if you need help with that.

Adam