[squid-users] Patches causing problem

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 01:14:47 +0800

All,

I used Linux RH 7.3 (kernel 2.4.22) and Squid 2.4S7 as a transparent proxy.
After I patched the Squid with the existing patches;

squid-2.4.STABLE7-url_escape.patch
squid-2.4.STABLE7-url_port.patch

Browsing Internet becomes a big problem. The access oftenly unstable.
Slowing down to unacceptable performance, then system back to normal by
itself (take sometime). If I shutdown the Squid and reload, it back to
normal immediately.

Firstly, I suspected the kernel, so I recompile some version such as 2.4.20,
2.4.21 and the last version 2.4.22. However, system still run abnormal. I
just remove the above patches and monitor the system.

Are there any experiences using the such patches?

Many thanks for your help.

Thx & Rgds,

Awie