Re: [squid-users] Cluster of caches

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:14:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Wilhelm Farrugia wrote:

> How would the performance in peering of caches effect the users - latency
> consideration ?

Usually improvement, but it depends a bit on your situation.

> If I get page from a peered cache, this info will be saved on the cache
> making the request ?

You can select via the cache_peer directive. The default is to save
copies.

> Squid make checks with peering caches and directly to the relevant server
> when it has a miss ? Will serve page from the first who replies ?

Usually cache-revalidation goes to the server. It is not very reliable to
make cache revalidation via neighbor caches as it can easily create a
ping-pong effect and none of the peers realise the content the ping-pong
to each other is old..