Re: [squid-users] help: Squid.conf

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:39:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, mauro wrote:

> I have a "strange" problem...as I try to run the daemon by the command
> "/sbin/./squid" I have to specify with the -f option the squid.conf path
> (etc/squid/squid.conf) in order to make things work properly.
> With no -f option, squid reads an old configuration of squid.conf that I have
> deleted....is it possible?

Not possible, but it may be that the binary you have is reading squid.conf
from another location where a old copy of squid.conf is found. Usually the
path to squid.conf is either <prefix>/etc/squid.conf, or /etc/squid.conf
depending on the taste of the system administrator.

Maybe some hint can be found from "squid -v". This will at least give you
which prefix your Squid was compiled with.