Re: [squid-users] Load Balancing Content Types

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:41:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Darryn Lowe wrote:

> Therefore, is it possible to have Squid change parent proxies based on
> the content type of the requested URL? How do I do this?

This you can't, as the content type is not known until the reply is seen.

What you can do is to select parent proxy based on an estimate of what the
content type will be based on the extension of the URL (i.e.
http://www.example.com/some/song.mp3 is quite likely a mp3 file). For this
purpose see the urlpath_regex acl and the cache_peer_access directive.