Re: [squid-users] squid dual authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:43:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Abdul Khader wrote:

> 1. First users should authenticate through squid then
> 2. It should allow and disallow sites as per ip
> restrictions which I have already created in
> squid.conf
> I hope this clarify my query.
> A sample configuration example would be heighly
> appreciated.

Are you saying that you want to allow requests from authenticated users
going to allowed sites only?

I.e. for a request to be allowed the user must be authenticated AND he
must be going to a allowed (or not denied) site. If any of these
conditions are false then he should not be allowed?

maybe something like the following:

# Deny unwanted sites
acl porn ...
http_access deny porn

# Allow authenticated users from my own network
acl auth proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl my_network src 192.168.1.0/24 ...
http_access allow my_network auth

# Deny everything else