Re: [squid-users] Help: DNS tests

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:07:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, mauro wrote:

> Thanks for the answer. I spoke about running squid with -NCd1 options, that
> make (I believe) DNS tests...and other,of course.
> During DNS performing tests squid stop itself with an error if a connection is
> not established.

Yes, and if you read the documentation on Squid command line options you
will find why this is, and how to make Squid behave differently (i.e.
don't perform this DNS test) if desired.

If you are lazy and does not want to read the whole documentation you can
just run "squid -h" and you will get a summary of the command line
options. But I recommend reading the documentation.