Re: [squid-users] ftp receive buffer size?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:33:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Copland wrote:

> 278528 -- that block size, always constant at the beginning. In this sample
> i've taken only ~100 KB of file.zip (resumed it 5 times), but squid took
> 278528 x 5 = 1392640 bytes, file.zip itself is like 6 MB. I couldn't find
> any related setting to this feature, can anyone give a clue please?
> Thanx in advance.

FTP does not have a concept of ranged retreivals. Some servers support
resumes restarting the download at a specific point in the file, but not
all servers do support this.

Squid does support resuming of ftp downloads via the HTTP Range operator,
but limited to resuming only and only if supported by the FTP server.