Re: [squid-users] NTLM_auth and usernames with spaces and %20 in log file.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 03:20:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> it is not even relevant to SquidGuard what is written in access.log.
> SquidGuard uses the redirector interface, not access.log. Looking at the
> redirector interface I notice this protection of the username field is
> missing from the redirector interface making a mess for any redirectors if
> usernames contains spaces. This should be corrected to use URL-encoding of
> usernames before sent to redirectors.

There is now a patch on the Squid-2.5 patches page which corrects this
problem of the redirector interface and now properly URL-encodes
usernames before sent to redirector helpers making spaces in login names
become %20 etc.. Investigation is pending for similar problems in other
aspects of the redirector helper communication.