RE: [squid-users] Logging username at parent cache using ntlm_aut h

From: Wilshire, Andrew <Andrew.Wilshire@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:29:46 +1200

Thanks Henrik!

Ok I have done what you suggested and now I see the usernames in access.log
on the 2nd tier proxy... however I am consistently denied access (my IE
session brings up a login/password box)..

The 1st Tier Proxy's squid.conf

        auth_param ntlm program /lib/squid/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
        auth_param ntlm children 5
        auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
        auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes
        cache_peer proxytier2.fqdn.co.nz parent 3128 3130 login=*
        external_acl_type grouphelper %LOGIN /lib/squid/wbinfo_group.pl
        acl nzproxyusers external grouphelper DOMAIN\LocalGroup
        http_access deny !nzproxyusers

The 2nd Tier Proxy's squid.conf

        auth_param basic program /libexec/fakeauth_auth
        auth_param basic children 5
        auth_param basic realm Squid Proxy Tier-2
        auth_param basic credentialsttl 1 minute
        acl nzproxyauth proxy_auth REQUIRED
        http_access allow nzproxyauth
        http_access allow proxytier1.fqdn.co.nz

Any ideas on what I have gotten wrong?